How the garden operates
Come on in to the Red Shed Community Garden! All of us are volunteers who seek to create a warm and inviting community while enjoying the literal fruits of our labor. If you are not a member yet and would like to get involved, come to a meeting at the garden or contact us. Membership happens in person, but you can sign up online.
Our by-laws (pdf) direct how the garden operates. Some highlights and reminders:
How to get involved
- The best way to get involved is to join us for a workday. We have two each month, listed on our calendar.
- If you can’t make a workday or want to contribute between meetings, there’s always work to be done. If you’re not sure where to start, ask other members or check the list above.
Decision making and leadership roles
- Our board of directors and various committee chairs have stepped up to keep the garden running and lead our work. Talk to them at a workday to learn how you can get involved.
- All major decisions about the garden are made in-person, at scheduled meetings, by a majority vote of attending members. Board members and committee chairs don’t have special decision making authority. Expenses of $25 or more require a vote.
- All members can take food from the community beds located at the front of the garden.
- Limited private plots are available to active members. Come to a workday to learn more.