November 19, 2023
- Fence contractor coming back after Thanksgiving for more fence work
- Move sensitive plants along the fence to pots
- Pedestrian gate being installed on the Maspeth side
- Need a chain and lock for the new gate – what is access like? Can we open it from both sides? This gate should be strictly used as the hydrant access gate.
- Need to think of a better way to waitlist private plots.
- Landed on becoming more involved is helpful, but the garden is so much more than private plot access. Can potentially provide little areas throughout the garden that people really desiring a private plot can maintain themselves. Also encourage, as always, to get heavily involve in community beds.
- have historically documented involvement, but this can get tricky and “micro manage-y”
- Question came up that what if they want to plant something in the community beds that’s personal to them? Need to run by Sam and Victoria – they are both open to planting community desired plants, but want to do so if it makes sense
- talk with Sam and Victoria if you have a specific desired plant for the community bed for 2024
- Open garden day – first Saturday of June
- Summer party – June 15
Projects for 2024
- Rat mitigation. Hire someone to help?
- New furniture
- Finish compost bins
- Raised beds (smaller) throughout the garden. We have some excess wood from the tree guards that may be able to be used
- Fix rain collection barrel next to stage
What equipment do we need that green thumb doesn’t provide?
- New watering cans